Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My Home Connection

The home I'm currently living in was once my Grammy and Papa's house. It has always been my rock in a stormy sea, my safe place, as Sheldon Cooper would say my point 0,0. I have memories in every nook and cranny of this house.

Just a few examples. I'm currently sitting on the couch in the living room and when I look to my left I can remember when I was a child the piano was still there. That is where I learned to read music, learned to play Doe a Deer (I don't think that is the real name of the song but it's from The Sound of Music), and where I would put on little shows for my papa singing songs like Deep and Wide complete with hand gestures. If I look to the forward right hand corner I remember when my grammy bought a treadmill because she saw on the news that walking every day is good for you. When I look at the back right hand corner I remember when our bed was there after my parent's got a divorce. The double bed my brother, mom, and I slept on for over a year and that I threw myself on when I got my first report card in 2nd grade because I had gotten a B.

Every singe room in this house is like that for me. And I love it. This home was built by my community. My papa, his dad, and a few neighbors literally built this house. Every nail and board was laid by someone in this community.

But anyway, what I am trying to do now is bring back this house in a way that would make my grammy and papa proud. I want a place where I can record the things I find and I'm sure there will be funny things along the way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment